Daiquiri Dick’s is sponsoring its first recipe contest to inspire – and entertain – our clients, local cooks and perhaps future cooking stars.
The deadlline for entries is October 4 at midnight.
COOKING CONTEST RULES:
- Contest is open to home, amateur and professional cooks, over the age of 16 (Employees of Daiquiri Dick’s are not permitted to participate)
- Contestants may submit up to three entries
- All entries must be submitted by midnight Oct. 4, 2010, and can be submitted by email through the website DDPV.com or delivered to the restaurant or The Deli.
- All entries must include a photo of the contestant and the finished dish
- All entries must include cook’s personal contact information (email address, telephone & mail address)
- All recipes must use fresh, seasonal, locally grown and/or readily available ingredients.
- All recipes must make 4 to 6 servings
- All recipes must be original and not already published in any public forum
Six Semifinalists will be selected from the submitted recipes. The semifinalist recipes will be prepared by the Daiquiri Dick’s kitchen staff and presented to a panel of judges and a selected group of Daiquiri Dick’s diners. The winners will be announced November 10, 2010.
- The first place winner will receive dinner for 2 (or a gift certificate to Daiquiri Dick’s for a value of $100 US)
- Second place will receive a Daiquiri Dick’s gift certificate for $75 US
- Third Place will receive a Daiquiri Dick’s gift certificate for $50 US, and Runner-ups will receive a copy of the Daiquiri Dick’s Kitchen Workbook.
Winning recipe(s) will be featured on the Daiquiri Dick’s website and presented as menu specials during the season, with the cook’s name noted.