Thursday, April 17
- 5:15pm » USA – Costa Rica
- 6:30 » El Salvador – México
Friday, April 18
- 5:15 » USA – El Salvador
- 6:30 » México – Costa Rica
Saturday, April 19
- 5:15 » Costa Rica – El Salvador
- 6:30 » México – USA (the BIG game!!!)
Sunday, April 20
- The FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup 2008 Qualifier CONCACAF Puerto Vallarta event will close on April 20th with an exhibition match between a selection of All Stars and Mexico’s National Beach Soccer team. The All Star team will be formed by the best players of the tournament mixed with some International Stars from Europe and South America.
The best two teams from CONCACAF qualify for the Championship Cup Beach Soccer World Cup 2008 in Marseilles, France, from 17 to 27 July.
The games will all be played at the Unidad Deportiva Municipal Agustin Flores Contreras, also known as the “Sports Stadium,” which is across the street from the Sheraton in Puerto Vallarta’s Hotel Zone.
Sand will be imported “environmentally” from beaches and returned when the tournament concludes. Extra seating will be brought in to increase the stadium’s capacity by at least 5000 seats. Word on the streets is that the next competition will be held in a location that will have *real* beaches for teams to compete on.
There are five different qualifying events around the globe, each representing all continents. The top two teams from each qualifier will advance to the World Championship in Marseilles, France.
USA and Mexico were the winners of last year’s competition and both went on to the FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup 2007, where Mexico surprised the world by reaching the final in their first ever participation at a World Cup stage. Mexico eventually lost the final against World Champions Brazil.
Television broadcasts of the event will be carried by AIM Sports (online), ESPN, RT (Middle Eastern and North African Television), plus media from the individual countries involved.