I’m prejudiced in writing this review because I love Cafe Candela. There are many types of restaurants and bars and this one falls into the category of THE first place in Vallarta that I would take a date to, assuming she were of my socio-economic class. You figure that one out….
Candela is an extension of a Guadalajara cafe of the same name that was originally visioned as an artist’s hangout. It serves good, fresh food at and creative drinks, all at reasonable prices. Bohemian is a description that comes to mind in talking about Candela.
The setting is very open with no roof over much of the place so you probably won’t find it open in the summer here. The decor is rustic chic, simple in furnishings and elegant in setting. Timing is relative at this place so don’t go early. They seem to open when they are ready and not by schedule. The cuisine is Vegetarian, Pizza, Mediterranean, International. Appetizers in the 45 to 70 peso range, salads in the 60 to 80 peso range.
- ADDRESS: Guerrero 322, Colonia Centro
- WEBSITE: None. There is a website for the Guadalajara cafe but it doesn’t apply. Ditto for the Facebook page.
- EMAIL: None (see previous)
- PHONE: 322 222 0743
- HOURS/DAYS: Closed Sundays. Open from around 6 or 7 pm ’til late.
- HAPPY HOUR: Stated tp be from 5 to 8 pm, but it didn’t open until 7 the day we reviewed it. 2 for 1 on almost everything. Good deal. Ask.
- Vegetarian, Salads, Pizza, Mediterranean, International. All fresh and of excellent quality. Pizza prices 90 to 130 pesos.
- Beautiful setting.
- Brick Oven for pizzas
OTHER VIEWS & REVIEWS
GOOGLE STREET VIEW & MAP
Updated April 21, 2010