Uncle Bubba’s Back Porch is off the beaten tourist track and shares its location with Unique ATV Tours so it’s easy to miss if you’re just walking down the street. The first impression of the location is that it’s an ATV storage yard and you have to walk into the courtyard a bit to find the restaurant. The back walls are covered with paintings and other chachkas making the place look like a cross between an antique/art store, a restaurant and an ATV garage. This combo isn’t unusual for Mexico.
The first time I went to Bubba’s, about a year ago, the food was terrible, but lately it has improved 1000%, to the point where now it’s a good meal as well as a good deal. Recently they were offering a “happy hour” half pound burger/fries/cole slaw for 50 pesos (and the food was fine quality). Although Bubba’s is outside of normal tourist Vallarta, it’s easy to get to by any means and it’s not even more than about a 10 minute walk from Los Muertos beach.
- ADDRESS: 429 Basilio Badillo at Jacarandas, Colonia Emiliano Zapata, East Old Town
- WEBSITE: None
- EMAIL: unclebubbas_backporch @ hotmail.com
- PHONE: 322 223 5754
- HOURS/DAYS: noon to 10 pm Daily
- HAPPY HOUR: 1 to 5 pm, Monday thru Saturday with 12 peso cervesas and margaritas (plus food specials)
- An interesting, inexpensive menu with prices starting at 50 pesos, and including fried chicken, Louisiana hot wings, popcorn shrimp, and dinners including blackened fish and steak and assorted pasta and shrimp dishes.
- Patio Dining
- Free Delivery
OTHER VIEWS & REVIEWS
GOOGLE STREET VIEW & MAP
(Street View Map made before Uncle Bubba was there)
Updated: March 26, 2010