Steve’s is a nice, safe place for Canadians and Americans (gringos) who are afraid or just don’t care to wander out into Mexico. It has lots of TVs and sports and patriotic (US) memorabilia and the prices are a little high but it’s comfy (nice padded chairs). The food ain’t great but it’s white. If you were a man forced into a vacation in Mexico by an overly adventurous wife, this is a fine alternative to cantinas and taco stands. If you ask the waitress nicely, she will serve your beer in a frozen mug.
The American Legion, Post 14, meets here monthly. I’m probably not the right person to review this bar because I must have stumbled upon it on one of those nights and two guys came out of the bar and wanted to beat me up because of my anti-war sentiments. This, of course, isn’t a reflection on Steve’s Bar… Please, someone else, write comments at the end of this listing.
- ADDRESS: 286 Basilio Badillo
Colonia Emiliano Zapata, Old Town
- WEBSITE: www.stevesbarpv.com/index.html
- EMAIL: stevesbarpv @ hotmail.com
- PHONE: 322 222 0256
- Bar Daily 11 am to 1 am or so
- Restaurant Daily noon to 10pm
- HAPPY HOUR: None
- Basic non-Mexican food. A bit over-priced but “clean.” Burgers are 85 to 95 pesos, hot dog is 70, chili is 70, spaghetti is 135, fish and chips 120, poutine is 80, BLT is 80, etc, etc.
- LOTS of TVs and Satellite Sports
COMMENTS ( from the owners )
Quiet and comfortable, small and cozy with no dancing (unless, of course, you HAVE to!). Music, lot’s of board games and sports (NASCAR is the ticket here – wear a racing shirt and we’ll buy you a tequila).
A North American PUB!
OTHER VIEWS & REVIEWS
GOOGLE STREET VIEW & MAP