You pretty much already have to know where La Huerta is before you can find it. Its street presentation leaves a lot to be desired but once you step inside the gate, the scene is amazing. The restaurant is built on two levels, with the kitchen, main eating area and bar up on street level (tho completely hidden from the street by buildings and tropical jungle trees and plants. The second area is river front on the Cuale River (the same river that runs through downtown Vallarta). On the opposite side of this river are immense cliffs of rock. On the restaurant side is a sandy beach. This is a location carved out of paradise.
La Huerta has a low priced bar and a menu of modest pricing with the normal Mexican fare except on Sunday afternoons when it becomes a “Mongolian BBQ” from around noon until 5 or 6. A large round serving area is set up and people walk around it with a plate and put on that plate anything they wish from the dozens of items offered: Meats, vegis and fruit, with assorted salsas. This plate is then handed to a cook who stir fries it all together. This plate is then brought to your table where mariachis serenade you as you eat and/or drink.
La Huerta is large and can accommodate up to 400 people for parties or special events. There is sometimes parking inside and limited parking on the dirt street. The R-04 Paso Ancho bus will stop right in front if you ask the driver and all taxis know where it is.
- ADDRESS: Felipe Ángeles 245, Colonia Paso Ancho on the Cuale River
- WEBSITE: None
- EMAIL: email@example.com
- PHONE: 322 222-0386 or 322 183 1564 (Cel)
- HOURS/DAYS: 10 am to 10 pm, closed Mondays
- HAPPY HOUR: None. Prices are always low, 20 pesos for beer and 30 to 70 pesos for mixed or special drinks
- Simple menu starting with nachos at 60 pesos to grilled fish, beef, shrimp or ribs at 120 pesos. On Sundays there is a special “Mongolian BBQ” where you circle a large preparation area and pile on your plate assorted meats, vegis and salsas which are then stir fried and served at your table.
OTHER VIEWS & REVIEWS
GOOGLE STREET VIEW & MAP
Updated March 26, 2010