Cuates y Cuetes (Buddies and Fireworks), or CyCs as it is called locally, is a beach front restaurant-bar located at the center of the Los Muertos Beach action. The fishing pier is almost directly in front and all of the boating action of this beach is front and center.
Cuates y Cuetes is totally open with only a roof and a back wall, keeping it cool and airy in the summer. It has a full bar with normally high beach drink prices (high, as are most of the prices on this beach, but not unreasonably so).
It is a favorite sunset drinking spot for expats as well as tourists and many interesting characters may often be found there. After 8 pm on many nights there is often live music, mostly by Latin or jazz combos.
- ADDRESS: At the foot of the Los Muertos Beach pier, Francisca Rodríguez 101, Colonia Emiliano Zapata, Old Town
- WEBSITE: www.cuatesycuetes.com/ Website is not updated and the webcam no longer works (after being down for 2 years)
- PHONE: 322 223-2724
- HOURS/DAYS: Daily 7 am to 11 pm
- HAPPY HOUR:
- 5 to 7 pm, 2 for 1 (55-70 pesos) mixed drinks, corona 25 pesos
- 8 am to 8 pm, 2 for one margaritas (70 pesos)
- A variety of Mexican dishes at moderate prices
OTHER VIEWS & REVIEWS
GOOGLE STREET VIEW & MAP
(No Street View Because Cuates y Cuetes is on the beach)
Updated: April 4, 2010