Harry’s English Pub is in a rustic, large, two floor store front a bit off the regular Vallarta tourist tracks. Downstairs is a lively, late-night bar directed mainly towards younger singles who avoid the high prices of the Malecon clubs and prefer the bar scene to the club scene. During early hours it appeals to locals because of the happy hour and “local” discounts.
The music is loud and varied tending towards newer or Continental selections, more club-like than bar-like. There is a dance pole for the more expressive women and a pool table and dart board for the less expressive men. The food served is English pub-style with a few Vallarta standards thrown in (wings, nachos…). It is relatively inexpensive and simple.
Upstairs is spacious, casual and open-aired. There are hammocks for for those into alternative modes of imbibing. There is also a second pool table.
- ADDRESS: Lazaro Cardenas 328, Colonia Emiliano Zapata, Old Town
- WEBSITE: http://www.vallarta-info.com/harry/index.html
- EMAIL: harrysbarvallarta @ hotmail.com
- PHONE: 322-222-4024
- HOURS/DAYS: 2 pm to 4 am except Sundays 8 pm to 2 am
- HAPPY HOUR: 8 to 10 pm daily (National mixed drinks 25 pesos, Pacifico and Corona 15 pesos, Cocktails 40 pesos). Discount for locals.
- English Pub Food generally, at modest prices.
- 2 pool tables (Free 9 to 11 pm)
- Darts (Always Free)
- Dance Pole (More than Free)
OTHER VIEWS & REVIEWS
GOOGLE STREET VIEW & MAP
Updated March 14, 2010