Alaska’s Diner is not a “normal” tourist hangout not just because it’s about a mile inland from the normal tourist foot paths. It is rather inconspicuous and a little on the chic-shabby side with a very small one-person kitchen and a 5 table dining room. The decor is traditional “greasy spoon.” I’m not saying this as a put down because it’s a very comfortable, neighborhood scene, although some people may be put off by its conscious lack of glitz and glamor. The owner, Alaskan Roger Wark, is a story unto himself.
Alaska’s Diner not really a bar although it is. It serves complete dinners as well as bar food like shepherd’s pie and chili dogs (the best in Vallarta, btw).
Updated December 14, 2010
- ADDRESS: Lazaro Cardenas 515, Colonia Emiliano Zapata
- WEBSITE: http://www.alaskasdiner.com/
- EMAIL: alaskasdiner @ hotmail.com
- PHONE: 044 322 137 4781
- HOURS/DAYS: 5 pm to 1 am Monday through Saturday
- HAPPY HOUR: 5 to 7 pm Monday-Friday plus specials
- “Trailer food” and an eclectic mixture of Thai, Philippine and gringo concoctions.
- FREE WI-FI / Internet Access
- FREE Phone Calls to US & Canada
- Air Conditioned
COMMENTS ( from the owners )
Alaska’s Diner is a taste of home nestled in the charm of Puerto Vallarta. Our cozy diner with its Alaskan theme welcomes visitors with a taste for Classic American Cooking and a Homestyle Meal at an Economical Price. Comfortable, casual, with Classic Rock on the JukeBox we welcome everyone looking for a wonderful meal and a taste of home.
We also serve up beer and wine so feel free to just stop by for a visit and to meet new friends, share a drink and relax. Whatever your pleasure we’re here to serve you at Alaska’s Diner.
OTHER VIEWS & REVIEWS
GOOGLE STREET VIEW & MAP