“Fox,” the Canadian owner of Cafe Roma, is a strange man but his bar/restaurant is quite a normal, friendly, welcoming sort of bar. Cafe Roma is not really a “sports bar” as its sign declares. It is much more. Inexpensive Italian food (pizza, lasagna, etc) is its superficial offering with a bar atmosphere centered on live entertainment as its backbone. Probably the best karaoke in town, since Fox knows how to cultivate talent. The owner is known for his high pressure solicitation of donations to a local Christian children’s charity (just a heads up).
Roma is up 3 flights of stairs but it’s worth the climb. If you can make it up to the open-air bar, you can relax and just plain enjoy Vallarta, or at the least, a Canadian version of it.
- ADDRESS: Encino #287, Colonia Centro
- WEBSITE: http://www.romamexico.com/
- EMAIL: roma @ romamexico.com
- PHONE: 322-222-7378
- HOURS/DAYS: 11 am to 10 pm, Monday thru Saturday.
- HAPPY HOUR: Always 15 peso cerveza and 30 peso margaritas.
- FOOD AVAILABLE:
- Inexpensive Pizza, Pasta, Salads, Wings, Ribs
- Free Long Distance telephone calls to the US and Canada
- Free Computer Use (in house, and wi-fi)
- CAFÉ ROMA (downtown Puerto Vallarta) LIVE WEATHER:
- LIVE ENTERTAINMENT often (karaoke, open mic)
- LIVE WEBCAM
- VERY GOOD BATHROOMS
COMMENTS (from reviews):
- “good food, great people, cheap beer” “Strong drinks for the money” “Avoid sitting at the bar or fox will talk your ear off” “No problem hanging out there and finding someone to talk too. Clean with great prices.” “got a free shot of Tequila (it was during the Swine Flu outbreak and he was trying to keep his guests healthy!!)”
- TripAdvisor Reviews
SELF-IMAGE (from the owners)
“We would like to apologize in advance for having too much fun!”
GOOGLE STREET VIEW & MAP
Updated: March 23, 2010