“Kindle for PC” Now Available — The Free Application for Reading Kindle Books Available on the PC Today for Readers Around the World
It is now possible to download and read hundreds of thousands of books here in Puerto Vallarta (or almost anywhere) for less than $9.99 (US) each.
Latest Kindle application brings more than 360,000 Kindle books, including New York Times Bestsellers and New Releases, to the PC
SEATTLE–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Nov. 10, 2009– Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN) today announced the availability of “Kindle for PC,” the free application that lets readers around the world enjoy Kindle books on their personal computers (PC). The U.S. Kindle Store (www.amazon.com/kindlestore) currently offers more than 360,000 books, including New Releases and 101 of 112 New York Times Bestsellers, which are typically $9.99 or less.
The Kindle Store is the only place to find some of today’s most popular books in digital format. Kindle books can now be read on the Kindle, Kindle DX, iPhone, iPod touch and PC. Kindle for PC is now available as a free download to readers in over 100 countries at www.amazon.com/KindleforPC.
Kindle for PC features Amazon’s Whispersync technology that automatically saves and synchronizes bookmarks and last page read across devices. Whether you read Kindle books on a Kindle, Kindle DX, or one of the free Kindle applications, you can always have your reading with you and never lose your place. With Kindle for PC, you can read some on your PC, read some on your Kindle, and always pick up right where you left off. Whispersync helped make the Kindle for iPhone application the most popular books app in the Apple App Store.
“Kindle for PC is the perfect companion application for customers who own a Kindle or Kindle DX,” said Ian Freed, vice president, Amazon Kindle. “Kindle for PC is also a great way for people around the world to access a huge selection from the Kindle Store and read the most popular books of today even if they don’t yet have a Kindle.”
With Kindle for PC, readers can take advantage of the following features:
- Purchase, download and read hundreds of thousands of books available in the Kindle Store
- Read the beginning of any book for free before they buy
- Access their library of previously purchased Kindle books stored on Amazon’s servers for free
- Read books in full color including children’s books, cookbooks, travel books, textbooks and graphic novels
- Choose from more than 10 different font sizes and adjust words per line
- Add and automatically synchronize bookmarks and last page read
- View notes and highlights marked on Kindle, Kindle DX, iPhone, and iPod touch
- Zoom in and out of text with a pinch of the fingers (Windows 7 users only)
- Turn pages with a finger swipe (available in a future release for Windows 7 users)
Microsoft demonstrated Kindle for PC for the first time ever at the Windows 7 launch event in New York City. Kindle for PC takes advantage of capabilities in the new Windows 7, including Windows Touch technology. In addition to Windows 7, Kindle for PC is also compatible with Windows XP and Windows Vista.
Kindle for PC is available for free download at www.amazon.com/KindleforPC.
Source: Amazon.com, Inc.
Amazon media hotline, 206-266-7180