Wise Women in Vallarta explores new ideas, growth in body mind and spirit. Meetings are free (with a donation of canned goods, toiletries, etc for charity) and are held from 10am to noon every other Wednesday at the International Friendship Clubhouse, Parian del Puente, where Libertad and Miramar Streets meet (above and behind the HSBC bank).
Remember, it’s not just for women!
LAST EVENTS OF THE 2007-2008 SEASON:
- June 11 :: Attorney Maria O’Connor discussing “Legal Aspects of Buying and Selling Real Estate in Mexico”
- June 25 :: Essence of Cuisine’s Dolores Brittingham on “Gourmet Cooking with Shortcuts”
Gourmet Cooking with Shortcuts
From 10 am to 12 noon on Wednesday, June 25th the Wise Wo-men of Vallarta welcome Chef Extraordinaire Dolores Brittingham, who will be discussing “Gourmet Cooking with Shortcuts” at the International Friendship Club, Parian de la Puente #13 (upstairs), Libertad and Miramar in downtown Puerto Vallarta.
If you were to ask Dolores Brittingham what she likes to do best, she would say, “I love to cook, and gourmet cooking is my passion,” and like all people who love to cook she enjoys sharing it with others.
What is gourmet – a person who likes and is an excellent judge of fine foods and drinks. Years ago she was asked by the owner of a prestigious cooking school in Seattle if she would join the staff, specializing in Mexican cooking.
Not sure she wanted to take on additional activities that would add to her full time work load as a tooling manufacturing engineer for the Boeing Company plus running a successful travel business on the side, she was finally encourage by her friends to do so. That was the beginning of her cooking career.
Eventually she started teaching in her home, combining both table settings and cooking demonstrations, covering cuisine from many countries. She has been in the teaching/cooking business for over 28 years. Dolores retired from the Boeing Company after 35 years of service, settled with her husband (Robert) in Puerto Vallarta and started Essence of Cuisine 3 years ago.
At the Wise Wo-men of Vallarta seminar she will be discussing short cuts to take when preparing a gourmet dinner party for 8 to 10 people, including food presentation, table settings, wine, and the correctness of reciprocation – to give in return an equivalent action. We hope to see you there.
No Charge. Donations of food, clothing, or toiletries appreciated for various local charities. For more information, call Darla Fowler at (322) 209-1880 or email: darla(at)seminarswithDarla.com.
2007 – 2008 SCHEDULE:
- Wed, Nov 14 :: Pam Thompson & Dr. Armando Joya :: “My Abdominal Journey”
- Wed, Nov 28 :: Kelly Trainer (US Consulate) & Lyne Benoit (Canadian Consulate) :: Citizen Information Community Outreach Program
- Fri, Dec 14 :: Keith May (PV Whale Watching Forum) & Oscar Frey (Oceanologist) :: The Humpback Whales
- Wed, Dec 26 :: No Meeting
- Wed, Jan 9 :: Roberta Dee Dee Camhi :: The New Retirement
- Wed, Jan 23 :: Len of Blu :: “Unplugged”
- Wed, Feb 6 :: Joy Carol :: The Power of Our Stories
- Wed, Feb 20 :: Lisa Schalla & Yamda Kubo :: Living Beyond Cancer
- Wed, Mar 5 :: Dan Grippo :: Religion in Mexico
- Wed, Mar 19 :: Norma Shuh :: Musings on Mortality – Leaving a Legacy
- April 30 :: entertainment program by children of the Salvation Army
- May 14 :: Dr. Basil B. Abuid of the Chiropractic Health Center concerning “Your Aches and Pains”
- May 28 :: International seminar speaker Darla Fowler – “The Ultimate Gift, Denzil’s Story”