On Sunday, May 31, Puerto Vallarta will celebrate its 91st birthday as a municipality and its 41st birthday as an official city with a series of events.
- 6:00 pm Concert by the Municipal Band in the Presidencia Square
- 7:00 pm Mariachi Real de América in the Presidencia Square
- 8:00 pm Awards Ceremony and speeches at Los Arcos Amphitheater.
- 8:45 pm Cutting the immense birthday cake in the kiosk at the main square
- 9:00 pm Spectacular Musical Show at the seahorse sculpture on the Malecon.
- 11:00 pm Fireworks Spectacular
At the Seahorse sculpture, there will be a dance with the live music of:
- Banda Astilleros
- Sonora Caliente
- Juan Pablo y sus Apóstoles
- Banda Rosario de Puerto Vallarta
The streets around the Malecon will be closed at 4 pm for the events and bus service will be diverted but some will continue until after the fireworks.
Puerto Vallarta became a municipality on this date in 1928 and an official city on this date in 1968.