Obama Inauguration Parties for the more serious celebrators:
- Casa Isabel – early, early, early with 29 peso screwdrivers (w/fresh OJ), Marys and Caesars. Watch the world change with bang.
- Harry’s Bar – Election Party at 6 pm (OK, so Harry is a little slow…). Celebrate the departure of Bush with 10 peso tequila all night.
- Philo’s – In La Cruz is in serious celebration mode starting at 9 am. Normal great Philo food and prices plus free champagne to toast in Obama.
- Democrats Abroad – Party with the Party at the Vallarta Botanical Gardens. 450 pesos plus the cost of drinks
SCHEDULE for January 20, 2009, Inauguration Day (in Vallarta Time)
Gates to the Inaugural Ceremony open at 7 am The inaugural festivities are scheduled to start at 9 am on the West Front of the U.S. Capitol. They will include:
- Musical selections of The United States Marine Band, followed by the San Francisco Boys Chorus and the San Francisco Girls Chorus.
- Sen. Dianne Feinstein provides call to order and welcoming remarks.
- Invocation by the Rev. Rick Warren.
- Musical selection of Aretha Franklin.
- Biden will be sworn into office by Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens.
- Musical selection of John Williams, composer/arranger with Itzhak Perlman, (violin), Yo-Yo Ma (cello), Gabriela Montero (piano) and Anthony McGill (clarinet).
- Obama will take the Oath of Office, using President Lincoln’s Inaugural Bible, administered by Chief Justice John Roberts. Scheduled around 11 am.
- Obama gives the inaugural address.
- Poem by Elizabeth Alexander.
- Benediction by Rev. Joseph E. Lowery.
- The National Anthem by The United States Navy Band “Sea Chanters.”
After Obama gives inaugural address, he will escort outgoing President George W. Bush to a departure ceremony before attending a luncheon in the Capitol’s Statuary Hall.
The 56th Inaugural Parade will then make its way down Pennsylvania Avenue from the Capitol to the White House.