Democrats Abroad Mexico – Costa Banderas Chapter And Vallarta Botanical Gardens, A.C. cordially invite you to an Inaugural Celebration at the splendid Vallarta Botanical Gardens On Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 10:00am to 6:00 pm.
EDITOR’S NOTE: Unfortunately the United States Democratic Party, once thought of as a party of the people, is now the exclusive political party in the US and, at least here in Vallarta, forbids (by prohibitively high prices for its events) all but the wealthy from attending. This inauguration, which should have been a massive popular celebration, is now simply a garden party.
Celebrate the arrival of a new era in American history in the expansive splendor of Vallarta Botanical Gardens. Watch this historic event, broadcast live from the U.S. Capitol, on the Botanical Garden’s wide-screen televisions.
The Inaugural Address and Swearing-in Ceremony begin at 11:00 AM (local Puerto Vallarta time).
Program includes a full day of celebration:
- Viewing the swearing-in ceremony & Inaugural Speech
- Mimosa champagne toast to the new President
- Sit-down gourmet Mexican lunch, including non-alcoholic beverages
- Music and dancing to DJ Jake, accepting requests for your favorite rock & roll pop classics
- Free access to explore the magnificent Botanical Gardens (Gardens will be closed to the general public on January 20th for this very special event)
- Cash Bar
All for just $450 pesos per person!
Tickets must be purchased in advance! Attendance will be limited due to seating space available!
Tickets available at:
- Vallarta Botanical Gardens (322-223-6182)
- Hotel Mercurio in Old Town (322-222-4793)
- The Bookstore, Plaza Caracol (in front of Soriana)
- Caprichoso Women’s Clothing, inside Plaza Neptuno
- Gringo’s Books & Coffee, Calle Morelos 7-A, Bucerías, (329-298-1767)
- Veronica Lindsay in San Pancho ( veronicaandray (at) yahoo.com)
- From any Democrats Abroad-Costa Banderas Executive Committee member
NOTE: No private vehicle parking is available at the Gardens except Handicapped (handicap tag or sticker required)
Round-Trip Transportation is available by luxury coach to and from Lazaro Cardenas Park in Old Town. Only $50 pesos Round Trip. Buses will leave Old Town at 8:45am and 10:00am. Your event ticket seller will have complete information and bus tickets.
Transportation also provided from San Pancho and Bucerias. Contact Veronica Lindsay as above
Additional transportation available on El Tuito public bus, departing from Aguacate & Carranza.
Transportation by taxi is also an option.
Event co-sponsored by: