LOS BAMBINOS ARE BACK!
By Ann Marie Danimus
The Bambinos entertain on Mondays for the season. The boys have a wonderful ear for harmony as they perform a selection of hits from the Beach Boys and the Beatles to a variety of Mexican standards. Yoga with Mikki Prost will run every day through Sat at 9 am. “Worship in Paradise” every Sunday with Pastor Ric at 9am.
- “Los Bambinos” on Mondays will feature two acts beginning with a medley of familiar Spanish songs, followed by several original compositions, both in English and Spanish. The second act will be a history of pop with covers of the Everly Brothers, the Beach Boys, the Beatles and the Eagles. Their CD “IMAGINAR” will be on sale after the show with songs written and performed by Los Bambinos in their new image as Metamorsa
- “FEVER” Mikki Prost returns on Tuesday night with an Encore version of her hit show of last season, this time with her favorite choreographer and dance partner, Ian. “Fever” brings forward some of the favorites and includes many new numbers, both in the form of vocals and as dance routines.
- “Always, Patsy Cline” is back after 23 consecutive sold-out performances. It tells the story of Patsy Cline and her friend and fan Louise and is not to be missed. Sandi Lee stars as Patsy and brilliantly performs her hits and some lesser-known songs. Mikki Prost both brings the audience to hysterics and tears as the spunky Louise.
- Be sure not to miss Bailando! a latin dance extravaganza playing Thursday night at eight PM. From Tango to Salsa to Merengue and back, these talented performers do not disappoint with colorful costumes and great moves. Bailando! is one of many spectacular shows performed by the group which have been seen in many hotels, clubs and special events before coming to the Santa Barbara Theater. The group is directed by Angel Stopier who also performs in our “Fever”. Angel worked in television for 12 years with Televisa in Monterey, choreographed for Sesame Street and danced with International singers Paulina Rubio, Veronica Castro & Lucia Mendez.
- Direct from Key West Florida, RV Beaumont recently flew into Vallarta for special holiday performances of her popular show. This upbeat and fast paced production features tastefully completed on stage costume changes, a variety of music, adult themes and hilarious improv interaction with the audience. This continually evolving show has different elements in each performance, to make it fresh and enjoyable not only for RV herself, but for people who had so much fun the first time they see the show, that they want to return again. Expect fun costumes, big hair and lots of laughs. The RV Beaumont Show will run December 18, 19, 20, 26, 27 and January 1 – 3.
- Pearlene Dubois will be our new “Queen of the Month” in our quest to bring all of the funniest drag queen comedians down to PV to entertain. Our Joey is helping us to book in these acts and is great friends with Pearlene and he has told me about her love of all things Vienese…well, sausages at least.
So when you come down for laughs bring a can. In fact, If you bring in a healthy donation (more than 3 items) I will knock 20 pesos off the price of your ticket. Now that is what I call a triple threat! A discount, a charitable donation and a night of laughter. And you will laugh; look her up on you tube for a taste. Miss Dubois runs from the eighth to the 31st of January.
- Liza MANelli. The team that brought you “Bob Fosse and all that dance” brings their first drag show to life with Paul Guerrero starring as Liza. Accompanied by four energetic and talented back-up dancers, the show takes you on a roller coaster ride through the greatest hits of Liza Manelli. With a distinct style and impeccable taste Paul brings this American icon to life in a fun and exciting way yet to be seen. Coupled with the great choreography we have come to know and love from Freddy and Paul to songs such as “New York, New York”, “Some People”, “Where is the Love” and “City Lights” the audience will find a delightful, sometimes funny, sometimes dramatic, but always entertaining show. Be sure to watch for the special guests and remember, “life is a cabaret, my friend.”
- “Bums on Broadway” features fabulous numbers from famous Broadway musicals including “Smokey Joe’s Café,” “Hairspray,” “Godspell,” “The Color Purple” and “Chicago,” just to name a few. “Bums on Broadway” is so captivating we dare you not to jump out of your seat and join the cast in their musical celebration.
Box office is open Mon-Sat from 11 am to 7 pm. Call for reservations at 223-2048 and be sure to check out new web site at www.santabarbaratheater.com.