Anyone can enter the 5th Annual Los Muertos Pier Fishing Tournament. Scheduled to take place on Friday and Saturday, November 2 and 3, this tournament is affordable, with entry fees of only $2000 pesos per boat.
All participants must register at 5 pm on November 2nd at the Hotel San Marino on Rodolfo Gomez, where more information, tournament logistics and event souvenirs will be distributed. Any type of boat can enter the competition.
The tournament begins at 7 am on November 3rd, when participating fishermen board their boats and head out to sea to “reel in the big one” in the Marlin, Sailfish, Dorado, Tuna and Open Water categories. All boats must return to shore no later than 3 pm, which is when each boat’s catch is weighed. Minimum weights in each category are as follows:
- The registration fee for the tournament is $ 2,000.00 pesos per boat.
- Registration of ships will be at 5pm at the San Marino hotel opposite the pier from the beach of the dead. There you will be given information on the logistics of the tournament and will also be given souvenirs. The attendance of participants will MANDATORY.
- Any type of boat can participate.
- All fish will be cooked to be presented to the public at large.
- The organization and carrying out of this tournament is nonprofit. Its purpose is to promote, develop and defend both physical and legal spaces for the development of sport fishing as a competitive activity, Used motor development and social integration and family, the latter so important right now where we need to strengthen the foundations that have made us strong and well recognized as society.
- All participants must follow existing fisheries law.
- The Organizing Committee will not be liable if any of the participants not have your current fishing license.
- The tournament will begin at 7:00 am in front of the Los Muertos pier. Entrants are advised to be one hour earlier.
- The arrival of the boats will have to be no later than 3 pm. No fish will be received after 3 pm, without exception.
- In the event that any of the species in competition is not captured in the required weight, the percentage of the award of that species will be added to the golden prize.
The minimum weights for submitting copies to the Judges are:
- DORADO: 7 KG
- SAILFISH: 25 KG
- MARLIN: 60 KG
- TUNA AND OPEN WATER: FREE WEIGHT
In case of a tie for the weight, the decision will be based on the length or width of the fish (except open water)
The judge’s decision is final.
15% OF SOLD ENTRIES WILL BE USED TO COVER THE COSTS OF THE EVENT.
After the winners are determined and prizes are awarded, a fiesta will be held with all of the fish caught in the tournament cooked on the beach and served free to the public. This is the party of the year on Playa Los Muertos, so don’t miss it!
For more information and tournament rules (in Spanish) visit FishingTournamentPlayaLosMuertos.com.
Information and Ticket Sales:
Sports Gutierrez Rizo
Tel – 01 322 222 2595
Tel – 01 322 224 9006
Tel – 044 322 146 6585
Tel – 01 322 224 4834
Tel – 01 322 224 6040
Tel – 044 322 139 0352