The biggest event and fundraiser for the year for Biblioteca Los Mangos is almost here. Mark your agendas for Friday, January 28, 2010. The doors officially open at 6pm but if you would like to arrive around 5:30 pm to have a drink and peruse the silent auction items, you are welcome to!
A few highlights:
- Lounge area! Have a rest, have a chat, rest the feet and enjoy a yummy plate of food and a drink. Small items for sale in the Lounge area including tiles for the library, bookmarks, T-shirts and a few other doo-dads.
- Raffle! Instant winners! Think “scratch off lottery tickets”! No waiting around to try and hear a number called at the end of the evening. Win your prize(s) right away, collect and then, buy more tickets if you wish!
- Delicious food! A wide variety of botanas and snacks, all donated by local area restaurants, hotels and even some of our private chefs in the area.
- Drinks! Mojitos will be the drink of the evening. These, along with wine, soft drinks and jamica will wet your whistle.
- Silent Auction! Just wait until you see the gigantic variety of items available. Jump in to a silent bidding battle with your friends. And this year, only one closing time!
- Fixed Price items! Weekend escapes, Botox treatments, tours – an endless list.
- Art Auction! Decorate your home or office by outbidding someone else for a unique piece of artwork by local artists.
- Pre-register! Save time in lines for registering by PRE registering prior to the event. Send your name, email and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org
- “Raise the Paddle” ! “Bid” on various items needed for the library – from windows to computer screens.
Again, please remember that Los Mangos Library is not “just a library.” It is a true community and cultural center. By joining in the event, you will be able to give back to our community. Folks, the coffers are nearly empty – so please, enjoy a marvelous evening filled with fun items, friends, food, drink and fun!
For further information, please contact Pamela Thompson. Cell 322 107 7007 or email@example.com